Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Pray for: Dad and Mom

      My parents. I could write for pages about how amazingly wonderful they are, but that would not really help you know how to pray for them. For the sake of keeping things short and sweet, let me just say I could not have been more blessed in the Dad and Mom dept. From day one they raised me to love and follow God. They did not know all those years ago that that would mean putting me on anairplane  on course for Ethiopia, but I have no doubt the lessons would have remained the same. It takes strong people to say "OK" to what I am getting ready to do, to be content in sending a piece of themselves across the ocean for a while, but their faith in God's plan is far greater than any reservations they may come across.

       If you are already a parent, then I don't think you need any direction in how to pray. Lift Mom and Dad up to The Lord in the areas that you would want somebody to lift you up.

       My mom has declaired 1 Thess. 5:16-18 as her life verse during this new phase.

                                  

For my parents, please pray that:
  • They would be strong and support one another as they make this adjustment together
  • Pray that God would give them an extra does of strength to support Emma and Noah 
  • Pray that they would continue to hold fast to the charges in 1 Thess. 5:16-18
  • Pray that fear and the distance between us would not be a struggle, but a reason to turn to God and seek comfort in His ever present love