These past 100 days have taught me so much. Seeing the world, experiencing culture, stepping out of my norm, learning from people who live life so differently than we do in the states, and seeing God in every portion of that growth... it's indescribable. I have always known and been close to God, but there is also something about stepping out in faith that has drawn me so much closer to Him. No matter the depth of the difference I make here, I feel like my time here is so worth it even just for that.
100 days ago I was on an airplane eagerly awaiting my first peak through the clouds of African soil. I was clinging to those "see ya later hugs" that would have to last a year, and trying to contain my excitement for all the little ones I would get to hug here. I was taking the ultimate step of independence and not looking back. And here, 100 days later I am going strong and loving life here.