Friday, May 1, 2015

Let the Children Come



This week my heart is so full! 

Yesterday, on my way to Bible study at the local hospital, I passed a little boy in town. He looked SO familiar, just like one of the toddlers from the orphanage! Though I did not know if he had a home or not since I had not been since little miss came into my life, I was still convinced this was him. The boy I saw was happy, full of life, and complete in the joy of belonging.

Today, I went with a friend to the orphanage for a bit. God has been so good! After not being there for nearly 2 months, they have totally transformed! Many more of the children have been adopted into families, and those that are still in the home look so wonderful! They have all grown, and those that were "babies" before are now crawling around quickly enough to keep up with the big kids. And the best part... They still knew my name when I walked in! 

The little boy I saw in town was indeed a boy from the orphanage placed with a forever family! My heart swelled even more knowing it really was him! God sees these children. Even though they are orphans and abandoned by the people that are supposed to love them most, He watches out for them and provides for their every need. 

Not being with the boys every day has been tough, I missed them even more than I realized. However, today as I spent time with them again, I was reminded of the gift that they are in my life--gifts from God with a purpose and a special place in this world. Their starts may not be "typical" starts to life, but I have full faith that God saved each of these children's lives for a purpose!