Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Power in Prayer

Hopefully you`ve been able to check out the prayer tab at the top of the page, but it is my goal to periodically post seperate prayer requests here just to keep things fresh and on your mind. This week, I have quite a few things you can keep on your heart as you go to the Father in prayer...

Pray for my spiritual life: I feel closer to God now more than ever before as He is so evident in my life. I have been blessed by His closeness, but it does not just happen. Please continue to pray that I seek first the Savior and continue to grow closer to Him. Of all the things that need to be in good order before I leave, my continally growing relationship with God needs to be first. After all, how can I passionately share the Gospel if I am not thirsting for it in my everyday life?

Pray for the details: Things are coming together better than I ever could have dreamed of! While on spring break I was able to share at a local church, get my shots, work on finding a flight, and send off the final paperwork necessary to team up with Global Outreach. In the coming weeks I plan to book a flight, head to training in Mississippi for a week, and work on getting my Visa. Oh, and did I mention that we have my brother's wedding and my graduation thrown in that mix, too? :) Please continue to pray that the details come together smoothly. 

Pray for my family: Conversation about Ethiopia has pretty much worked its way into every aspect of my social life. I cannot tell you the last time I had a conversation that did not, at least at some point, work its way back to my trip. I see this especially with my family. Please pray for them as they continue to get used to the idea of being appart for a while. They are incredibly supportive and excited about how real this calling is in my life, but that doesn't make the realities of a year or more appart any easier. 

To those of you that have committed to supporting me through prayer, know that I thank The Lord for you daily! Prayer makes all things possible, and I am ever-so-grateful to have yours. 

Check back in soon for a support update!