I think the easy part is behind me. Leaving America and crossing the ocean to serve for a year in Ethiopia was nothing compared to my fears in returning into the unknowns of home. They say every returning missionary experiences the reestablishment process differently. The hard part for me, being a planner, is that I will not know what to expect until I am in the midst of life stateside again, taking joys and struggles one day at a time.
How can you pray?
- As I start setting dates to present at churches and committing to different speaking engagements, pray that God would place the right words on my heart.
- As I take in my final 2 weeks with the kids at the orphanage, pray that my love will overflow in greater ways than ever before and that I will be able to leave saying "Lord, I gave it my all... I have nothing left".
- Pray for my family as they prepare to welcome me home, as life yet again changes for all of us.
- Pray for my heart as I deal with the ups and downs of this unknown path I am embarking on, and that through my greatest joys and moments of deep sorrows I would find myself deeply rooted in Christ.
There is a lot that lies ahead in the next 2.5 weeks. I am frightened and excited, joyful and yet sad, and eager and yet unsure. Thankful for all of you who are prayerfully walking with me in this.
